Tuesday 11 October 2016

Week 2 In Class Exercise: Tiller steering wheel

Tiller Update
1507952
Vasil Nikolov

This was the second task that we had to perform in class. The idea was that by using newer shapes, we would be able to make a steering wheel in a quicker way. This is why, My steering wheel was consisted of two Taurus shapes. It was quite interesting as the standard Taurus does not have a small inner circle and is very thick (While for my wheel, I needed a slimmer shape). I was aware that the exercise asked for us to use the pipe object (Which comes with a thinner shape), however, thanks to the attributes editor, I was able to reduce the thickness of the Taurus and use it as I intended to. For the rest of the build, it was much simpler as I used the same cylinder object but stretched into several sizes. This gave me the chance to play with the rotation tool in order to align the objects in different positions. If I had the knowledge that I now have, I would have probably done the task in a slightly more different way as I would have used one pipe per angle and use the 3 view editing and symmetry tool. This would have enabled me to make the 3 shapes of one stick from just a single cylinder rather than re-shape  3 different cylinders. Thus, the task proved to be interesting and fruitful in terms of learning some of the basic skills.
Bellow are the images of the steering wheel that I had made.





No comments:

Post a Comment